Friday, June 26, 2015

My Summer Reading List

I LOVE to read.  I don't always give myself the time to do it but when I have a good book, I love that I give myself the time to do it.  

I would call myself a book snob.  I like brand new, hard cover books.  I LOVE going in to the book store and picking out a new book to read.  If I'm honest I'll say that I buy a new book and put it on my shelf until I'm finished with the book I am currently on.  Well...I have a full bookshelf of books I haven't read.  I've noticed I always end up buying the "IN" book that is on the end cap of the book aisle at Target!

When we first moved here, somehow I found out about a couple books that were being released.  If you were one of the first 500 people to pre-order you were sent an autograph.  Eeekkk this was so exciting for me!

The first was, Living In Style by Rachel Zoe.  I plan on buying a super pretty frame, framing it and putting it in my office space.


The second was Lea Michele's book, Brunette Ambition.


I haven't read either of these books, I'm ashamed to say, but they look pretty on my bookshelf :)

I've mentioned before that I am currently reading, Jodi Picoult - The Storyteller.  This book is just getting good towards the end.  I am the type of person that if I start reading a book, I HAVE to finish it.  That is what is going on with this book.  I really can't start another book because it makes my OCD go crazy.  I think it's definitely been over one year that I have been reading this book.  Pretty pathetic but I'm almost there.  I'm hoping the next few books don't take me as long!


Next on my list is, Sugar Savvy Solution by High Voltage.


I'll be honest, I was looking for a book about "cutting sugar" and this book was pretty.  The inside looked pretty too so I bought it.  I started reading some of it and it definitely is going to be eye opening.  Did you know you should only have 25 grams of sugar in one day?  Try looking at that Nutrition Label on the side of your food and see how hard that truly is.  

Last on my list for this summer is, The life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo. I've heard so much about this book I just had to get it!  I'm curious to see what this is all about.


I really do love reading so I need to make this a priority.  I might have to go as far as adding it in to my planner to make sure I get it done ;)

Check out the Style Me Bloggers link up to check out what these FABULOUS ladies are reading.

What are you reading?  Anything I should add to my list?

Until Next Time
XOXO

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment